Wednesday, June 22, 2011

If a picture paints a thousand words..




I wish I was like that bloke on TV from "Lie to me". You know the bloke who intently surveys body language to work out what someone is thinking.

I wish I had that talent looking at this classic photo of current prime minister Julia Gillard and former prime minister and now foreign minister Kevin Rudd.

I call it a "classic" photo because it has everything. It could not have been more classic if it were staged.

The white washed "corridor of power". The cold white lights. The cell like look. The two protagonists. The "Fly on the wall", looking on but pretending he is not.

The juxtaposition.

The prime minister has the look of superiority, but more one derived from position rather then inherent power. The foreign minister a look of "if you weren't the boss..."

Everything; arrogance, petulance, tongue biting, pursed lips, fighter's stance.

If this image does not portend a right royal stoush ahead between these two then nothing does.


Picture Courtesy: Daily Telegraph Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment